Saturday, May 24, 2008

A good start

Friday was a good day of old friends and no pictures. I am glad to have memories, which are just mine. But, I promise to do my best and describe how simple and essential this summer is to me, even if there are no images to represent my feelings or experiences.

We went out in downtown Roanoke. Per usual, I got a little restless after staying inside too long. And, I've never enjoyed smoky places or cover bands, so Justin and I took off for a skip around downtown. We took a skywalk to The Hotel Roanoke, where amid dozens of people we found EMTs biking thousands of miles for charity and a wedding with a bluegrass band. -We crashed it.

Both the bride and groom ran up to us really excited, "Are you are wedding crashers?" they asked. They high-fived us after we danced a few songs. The groom hugged me and bride gave me a kiss on the cheek. They were wonderful people. I hope they have a beautiful life together.

In the middle of a slight rain Justin taught me how to waltz. I stumbled a little bit at first, but caught on and improved his steps a little too. Sometimes you just have to learn to be gracious of the moment and just float - like a twig in the river.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Twig in the river, man. Twig in the river.